Learn with our stories!
How to look for work safely if I am a migrant?
To avoid risky situations, you can take into account these recommendations:
1. Never hand over your passport and papers! Doing so could expose you to abusive circumstances.
2. You are not entitled to pay to apply for a job. The "Employer Pays Principle" states that hiring costs should NOT be borne by the worker, but by the employer.
3. Ask for a contract before starting work, this document is key for assuring your labor rights.
To prevent scams, you can look for job offers in safe places such as:
1. Vacancies published through municipalities, ministries, state institutions and verified private companies.
2. Vacancies published through universities or other reliable educational institutions.
3. Recognized job boards.
4. Chambers of commerce, industry, and similar organizations.