If you are from Guatemala or Belize and you would like to work in southern Mexico, you can apply for a Border Worker Visitor Card. This temporary permit allows you to work legally and safely in the Mexican states of Campeche, Chiapas, Tabasco and Quintana Roo. You can apply directly!
Learn with our stories!
How do I start the process?
- In Guatemala call 1511 of MINTRAB
- In Mexico call 800-00-46264 of the Migratory Attention Center.
- This is a personal process; you do not need to hire any intermediary.
- Start the process in the official Mexican government website. Visit here.
What are the steps?
- A federal immigration agent will interview you and review your documents for the immigration process.
- Once the information has been verified, you will be given the resolution of the application.
- If the resolution is favorable, they will take your data (fingerprints, iris, signature and digital photograph).
How much does it cost?
- It costs 513 Mexican pesos and is valid for one year.
- If you earn the minimum wage in Mexico, the process is free.
- Your spouse could enter Mexico, but without a work permit.